When the Rona first occurred, like many of you, I had no idea what would happen next.
I spent so much time in my room that I started to get edgy and lack all motivation to work on my day job let alone my brand.
My therapist recommended a few tips such as:
- Open all blinds to allow natural light in at the beginning of everyday
- Separate your work area from where you sleep
- WRITE IT DOWN!! Whatever “it” may be, so that you can see your progress daily
- Play background music (Black people just work better that way)
So I ended up writing down all the steps I needed to execute my plans for my brand on this really large board.
This was back in March and I had six different tasks to complete.
I also wrote down the names of all my motivators. They saying goes “your name is in rooms you haven’t even entered yet” so I wrote them with the intention that one day these people will be saying my name!!!
This past weekend I had the opportunity to excel and cross another item off my list! I literally only have one more!!
Six things may not seem like a lot but baby let me tell you, it is! Of course there were often things I had to do for my brand that weren’t listed. Many that were, I had no idea how to even start.
But I’m going to drop a few gems on how I got through it.
- RESEARCH! You have to read everything from the Terms and Conditions to the reviews to make sure the websites, vendors, etc offer what you’re looking for, for your brand.
- ASK QUESTIONS! Do not be afraid to reach out and ask questions to ANYBODY. Even if you may not personally know someone, it never hurts to send the message, email or call anyway. People are more willing to help than you think.
- SET REALISTIC DEADLINES! Don’t stress yourself out trying to build a brand in a day. In a week. Maybe even a month. There are so many details for the business, that will arise during your process that may require more or less time that you thought. Don’t procrastinate! But be honest with yourself to avoid unnecessary stress.
- BE NICE TO YOURSELF. This is new! You’re not going to know everything. You’re not going to get everything right the first time. And you are going to take a L on a lot of money! But I promise you it’s worth it.
If you told me back in March, I would be where I’m at now, I would believe you because I wanted this! Everything on this list I was able to manifest but I think people confuse manifestation with wishing.
You can make a wish, in hopes that it will come true and that’s it.
Manifestation requires action of your park. Writing goals down it a tool, not a summons. You can’t just put it in the universe and don’t think you have to meet your God halfway.
See your goals. Write them down. Take action to reach them. And you’ll be well on your way!